Friday, October 23, 2015

The hammock life

I'm thankful for naps in my hammock in the sun.

They say it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission, but I figured I wanted to keep things on the right foot with my landlady.  So, one day as I ran into her on my way out of the gate, I asked if she minded if I put up a hammock.  She found some weight bearing beams and said that was fine.    So I headed off to the artisan shops that line the street just a block from where I live.  Best $20 I ever spent.   When my back porch was a bit small for the hammock and the leaky porch roof meant it was perpetually wet, my landlady asked the men who were remodeling another of her houses to build me a frame.  So now my hammock sits on my front porch, nice and dry.  I'm sitting there now (my internet works better out here than indoors) and today there's a nice breeze.  I have a beautiful view of the mountains surrounding me and sometimes, if I'm lucky, a humming bird comes and visits.

No comments: