Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Not a crazy cat lady, but...


Today I’m thankful for my cat, Manchas. She’s traveled the world with me, from Colombia to the US to Guatemala (poor kitty didn’t get to go to Europe with me though).  I let her out after work today and when I left for Bible study several hours later she was still outside, nowhere to be seen.  Last I’d seen her she was walking along the top of the wall that surrounds the yard, heading towards the neighbor’s to check out the excruciatingly loud fireworks coming from the vicinity.  I figured she’d be back by the time I got home, and sure enough, as I walked back into the yard a few hours later, my mind on other things, she came streaking across the yard to me to greet me.  She followed me like a shadow into the house, and then curled up next to me on the couch purring as I read before bed.  She’s good company.

No comments: