Monday, October 26, 2015

I'll be home for Christmas...and bringing someone with me!

Today started off with gratefulness at 1:30 am.

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night and checked my watch- 1:27 am, plus 8 equals 9:27 am in Finland.  Cristian’s appointment for a visitor’s visa at the US embassy was scheduled at 9:30 am.  I froze, undecided if I should message him right at that moment- there’s an entire page of dos and don’ts for visiting the embassy and I didn’t want him to get a notification at just the wrong time.

So, instead, I prayed that whoever listened to him and received his paperwork would grant the visa. And then, just a few minutes after 1:30, I decided that it would be safe to message him because his phone should be locked in a locker by then.  When I turned on my phone I saw I already had a message from him, received at 1:30 on the dot.  One word.  Approved!


So, now my heart sings, skips, and jumps with thankfulness.  Guess who will be spending Christmas with my family and I?

No comments: