Wednesday, October 21, 2015

100 days of gratitude



My blog has been sadly neglected lately. I've also been a bit down, focused on my disappointments and frustrations instead of the things that bring smiles to my life. So, in order to cultivate a spirit of gratitude, and start sharing glimpses of my life with you again, I've arbitrarily decided to blog 100 things that I am grateful for. No promises on how long it will take me to post 100 days worth....



But without further ado...

Today I’m grateful for raindrop bejeweled flowers. This one stopped me in my tracks on the way home from work. We’re headed into the end of rainy season, and while fording rivers in the streets and remembering an umbrella every time I head out the door can complicate things, there’s also the coziness of an evening inside listening to the rain on the roof. A rainy afternoon is a bit like a snow day (and luckily for me, the rain usually waits until the afternoon, after I’m back from work, to start). Unless something is really important, it’s easy to say “it can wait til tomorrow” and curl up on my couch with a book.  So I'm thankful for the rain, that leaves flowers dazzling, paints the world green, and gives me the perfect excuse for cozy evenings at home.  


2 comments:

Breka said...

I hope you feel less down soon! And maybe send some rain to Seattle if you could. It's continued to be an unsettlingly dry and warm autumn.

Unknown said...

How nice (the flower)and a great idea. I think I'll join you. I am thankful for the colors when I look out my window.