Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rain, rain go away. . .

It's raining. Again. Today, hail fell while the kids were inside watching a movie since recess doesn't work out so well in that sort of weather. It was so cold inside, I could see my breath. I've become a master at wearing layers- tank top, long sleeved shirt, cardigan, sweatshirt and a heavier sweatshirt on top. I'm tired of rain.

Rain is so de-motivating. I'm feeling frustrated about a misunderstanding with a friend, and I just want to go outside and walk it off. I'm thinking about maybe making finger paints or no-bake cookies with my kids on Friday, and I could go to the store to pick up the ingredients I need, but I don't feel like it in the rain. I'm housebound and restless with my lessons for tomorrow already set to go. I guess I'll curl up with a good book and pray that one of these afternoons, the sun will be out on my way home and I can stop in the park and enjoy the outdoors again.

2 comments:

Beth and Abby said...

That's stinky, Annie. I know just what you mean. Add a hot cocoa and get lost in your book - the sun will be out again eventually :)

Breka said...

Funny - I've also been practicing my layering skills. We've had rain on a steady basis for over a week. I actually find that it doesn't get me down when I have to spend most of my day outside. It doesn't make sense really, but there it is. The sun will come out one day, though! You should finger paint or bake with your kids - then it would be extra sunny inside at least.