Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Once upon a time. . .

Sometimes, your soul longs for story. A beginning, a middle, and an end. Resolution. Everything tied up nice and neat at the end. Your questions answered. Maybe even a happily ever after.

I'm hungry for a novel right now. Maybe because I've been reading a lot of non-fiction. Maybe because my life is anything but answered questions, resolution, and answers right now, and it would be nice to have some. Maybe just because I have some spare time and miss reading fiction. All I know is I have no fiction to read, and I think I'm just going to have to do something about it.

The question is- will a novel in Spanish do the trick, or will the effort make it lose the magic?


"When I get a little money, I buy books. And if there is any left over, I buy food."
Deciderius Erasmus

(This, however, is not MY strategy. I LOVE libraries, and I heard there's one just a few blocks away)



1 comment:

Breka said...

I so understand this feeling. I was nearly paralyzed by choice at the library the other day...and then I devoured an entire book that evening. I hope you find something good!