Monday, May 3, 2010

Comfort and Joy

But you, O Sovereign LORD, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me; For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. And the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to bind up the brokenhearted, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

No comments: