Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm home

I got in last night around 7. It's still hard to believe that the people I spent the last 5 months with are no longer around. I miss them. I also miss Spanish. Every once in awhile I say things in Spanish without thinking about it. I've almost thrown my toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing it several times already. I was seriously grateful for my hot shower with good water pressure this morning. I can't believe the options there are in our refrigerator. I loved being cozy in bed under a mountain of blankets against the cold, instead of waking up to the cool morning air.

Having my brothers and sister around makes it less lonely and difficult than it would be without them. They keep me smiling and laughing with their jokes and compliments. It's so good to see how much they too have changed and grown while I've been gone. I'm so excited that I get to spend more time with them over the next month and a half.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It is weird going back home! we'll be praying for your time and adjustment.

Jan and Randy said...

How awesome your experience must have been! I hope your re-acclimation goes well. What's next? YOu're home for 1.5 months, then what?

Jan