Monday, December 7, 2009

What next?

Bogota, city of 7 million

City of the ciclovia, where 70 miles of city streets are shut down every Sunday as cyclists take to the streets.

City of the Transmilenio, an innovative bus rapid transit system


City of Rock al Parque, the biggest rock concert in Latin America

The city where the Lasix technique was invented.

But Bogotá is also a city where an average of 23 families who have been internally displaced showed up every day between 2001 and 2006.



It's a city where 1,886 street children were counted in 2006 and another 3,326 were working on the streets.

It's the city where Formando Vidas is working to change kids lives forever.


It's the city where I'll be headed in February, to join Formando Vidas for the next 2 years in the work they are doing. I'll learn through their Children at Risk school how best to serve children in difficult circumstances. And then, I'll serve them. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me there.

3 comments:

Jan and Randy said...

Way cool, Annie! I think that is awesome.

jan

Alex said...

So you're going to do the school?! That's so awesome, I'm so happy for you and excited to see where God takes you. Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Wow Annie....seeing that video left me speechless....I pray that God will provide many more blessings for you and all of those individuals involved in this ministry! Bless you! Love ya girl!
Maribel