Friday, July 31, 2009

English Lessons

While we’re all together, we’ve been teaching our Costa Rican classmates some very useful survival English phrases.

(Please imagine the following sentences spoken with a Costa Rican accent for the full effect)


For example, we’ve taught Mariana, “Get out, demon, in the name of the Lord!”

And Rebeca has learned, “My heart beats for you”.


Teaching Luis and Manny "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" has still only met with very limited success.

Manny picked up “That’s amazing!” from Scott, but when Breeana had to wear one of those lovely net hats (you know the ones I’m talking about- people in food service have to wear them?) and I sarcastically told her how cute it looked, he followed up with, “oh baby, I ache for you” all on his own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Annie, I have a hard time saying the "Peter, piper...." thing, I can imagine the others. LOL. But I know you can teach them how to say it, you go girl!
Love you!
Maribel