Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another day in San Jose



Today was my turn on “weekend duty”. Each of us spends one weekend working on meal prep and cleaning so everyone else gets a break from their daily chores. It turned out to be easier than I expected since by 12:30 breakfast had been cooked and cleaned up from, all the bathrooms were cleaned, lunch had been eaten, I’d written my book report, and I was bored out of my mind. Fortunately, I wasn’t the only one who was bored, so we headed back into San Jose.

San Jose is actually not the best place to go if you are bored. It’s rather small. I know this because I get lost rather easily, and I don’t think I could get lost for long in San Jose. Any major road leads to one of 3 major city landmarks. From there it’s an easy matter finding a bus back to the base. There are good things about being in a small city with only 3 landmarks though. If someone else you know is in the city at the same time, you’re likely to run into them. So, when we ran into Johan and Luis today, we weren’t exactly shocked. On our way back to the bus, we came across a rather creative money making operation in one of the 3 main landmark plazas. A miniature motorcycle and a horse were sitting there. You could pose there for pictures and then a woman with a digital camera and a photo printer would take your photo and print it for you on the spot. Somehow between the 6 of us we let her talk us into buying 4 sheets of photos off of her. . . On the walk back to the base from the bus stop, we found another fun photo shoot. What do you think?


3 comments:

MOM said...

A Colombian fiesta in Costa Rica? Did you learn anything about Colombia? We were at a Colombian bakery when geo-caching on Friday :-). Thanks for the posts. It is nice to know and see what you are doing.

Jan and Randy said...

I didn't know you were a "biker chick". Love the picture. I check out your blog every couple of days. Fun to see what you've been doing. I know you're having the time of your life! What amazing memories you are creating.

Jan

Sarah said...

YAY! I love weekend duty. Thanks sweetheart for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog, so that I could find yours. It will be such a joy to learn even more about DTS (through the eyes of a student) instead of my eyes as staff.

Besitos,
Sarah Dawn