Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My latest project

With my Chinese party over, my afternoon decoration making project is over too. So, on Monday when I found myself with some time on my hands, I decided to see what I could do about the chairs in our living room. They were donated to us and were dirty when we got them; being used as step stools during our painting and cleaning when we moved in probably didn't help. This is what one of the chairs looked like on Monday.


I headed to the new mall by my house and bought 2 brown duvet covers and some cute pillows and came home and ripped out seams in the duvet covers. Tuesday after work I walked downtown to where all the fabric stores are to buy beige colored ribbon and then got to work on transforming our chairs.

Step 1- Center the fabric over the chair
Step 2: Tuck the fabric into the cushion
Step 3: Pull the fabric tight around the arms
Step 4: Sew the crease on the arms of the chair in place and strategically tack the extra fabric on the sides of the chair in place.
Step 5: Tie a ribbon around the chair


Step 6: Add some bows and a decorative pillow

Quite the transformation, isn't it? Our living room is looking more and more home like. Now I have to figure out what to do with the other couch. . .


3 comments:

Breka said...

It looks so great! I'm impressed. Also, side note to add: pretty sure that by moving to WA I've pretty much moved to the climate of Bogota. My body is not yet acclimated and I am a little bit worried that I will never be warm again.

Annie said...

awwww. I'm sorry about the perpetual cold damp feeling. The rainy season seems to have started again here, if that's any comfort to you. We're both going through the same thing. :)

Emily said...

CUTE! I'm impressed with your creativity and resourcefulness!