Saturday, March 13, 2010

A school project

Look at our new bulletin board in the second grade classroom!

It says, “I am God’s marvelous creation!”

This was our art and writing project this week. As I was thinking and praying about what to teach my students, I felt that I needed to start by focusing on our identity as God’s creation. I decided to start with Psam 139:14 “I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” We talked about how we are God’s creation, and he made us all different, but he gave each of us things that we are good at. Each student thought of 2 things they were good at doing with their hands and feet, and one with their heart and mind. They wrote those sentences down and glued them on their people. They also traced the Bible verse.

Here are some of the things my students say about the gifts and talents God has given them:

I am good at adding.

I can think.

I am joyful.

I can give hugs.

I am loving.

I’m good at basketball.

I can write.

I’m good at coloring.

I can move my hands.

I know how to ride a bicycle.

I’m good at running.

I can do sports. I’m a good soccer player.

I’m good at skateboarding.

4 comments:

beth said...

Awesome project, annie. Do they know enough english to say those things themselves?

Annie said...

Thanks! oh no- those are their sentences translated.

Debbie said...

Wow Annie, the bulletin board looks great! I like what the kids came up with about themselves. I will be praying for them. I know they will be happy to see you when you get back to the classroom:-)

Unknown said...

Annie, every time I read your blogs, I get so excited for you and everyone involved in this project that God has put in your hands. I will keep praying for you always...You have a calling and Satan knows this therefore he will try by every mends to discourage you. Keep your head up high...I'm so proud and glad for you! Love you girl...take care.
Love Maribel