Sunday, March 7, 2010

The good, the bad, and the just plain unusual

Some things I love about living here-
  • The mountains contrasting with the blue sky
  • Being within walking distance of 3 grocery stores, the mall, a hardware store, 3 internet cafes, a library and a gazillion other places. (I KNOW there's a bakery nearby, I just haven't found it yet. . .)
  • The price of fresh fruits and vegetables
  • The variety of flowers
  • The flavor mora (blackberry) is popular (yogurt, juice, jelly, ice cream) and I love it.
  • Crepes and Waffles
Some things that just seem strange to me-
  • All the motorcycle riders wear reflective vests with their license plate number on the back. Their helmets also have their license plate number.
  • Liquids are sold in bags- milk, drinkable yogurt, juice
And the things I don't like-
  • Really only one that I can think of right now- I keep getting sick. I usually have a pretty good immune system, but I think between new germs and the stress of being in a new place, I just haven't been able to fight off things like I usually do.

No comments: