Sunday, June 7, 2009

World Next Door

I just discovered a new organization, via another blog. Check out their article on an orphanage for Ukranian boys with disabilities. It was heart-breaking and eye-opening. Read it, and then check out their website.

Here's their "about us" below. It made me smile. :)

World Next Door, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana.

More than just a statistic.

More than just a statistic.

Our mission is to use entertaining, thought-provoking and heart-breaking journalism to change ordinary people into wild-eyed revolutionaries and to unleash them on local and global issues of social injustice.

This website is part investigative newspaper, part travel magazine, part web journal. It’s like National Geographicmeets Bizarre Foods meets an online blog, all with a social justice focus (issues like poverty, hunger, AIDS, etc.).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie! I love your blog and I can't wait to meet you very soon! :) I checked out your together at last blog too, which is soo sweet. It looks like Sarah Grace just arrived home recently - how amazing! I love the pictures. Bless you and see you soon!