Saturday, April 6, 2013

Anticipation

Spring is coming.  I love the feeling of expectation, the knowledge that something good is just around the corner- it might delay in coming, we might have to suffer through a few more wintery days, but the evidence that spring is here and warm weather around the corner peeks out.  It peeks out from the trees in bud, and from the branches of a bramble, just beginning to sprout leaves.




That same sense of anticipation, of hope waiting to be fulfilled, makes me think of this passage.

"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised."
Romans 4:20-21

I want to have that active kind of faith; faith that hopes and rests in the present, confident that God's promises will be fulfilled "in the fulness of time" So, as I wait, in this time of transition, I will wait with hope.  Just as spring will surely come, so will all of God's other promises to me be fulfilled.  



No comments: