Tuesday, May 24, 2011

work before play

I have a rule for myself that I’m usually pretty good about following- Friday after work is not a time to do work. Lesson plans, house cleaning, laundry, researching publishers in Colombia… all of that can wait until Saturday. But, on Friday, the kids left, I had science and social studies lessons to plan for the first grade class since their teacher is out, I had a devotional and a staff meeting to prepare for on Monday, and I figured there’s no time like the present. So, I walked back into my office, turned on my computer, and got to work.

Or at least, that was the plan. Except, my computer wouldn’t start. The screen stayed black, the hard drive didn’t even make a whirring noise. Nothing. I tried several times. Nothing happened. So, I left, kind of glad for an excuse not to work, but mostly worried about my dead computer and the fact that the guy who helps us with tech problems wouldn’t be in until at least Wednesday.

Saturday morning I got up early, wrote my lesson plans, did my house cleaning. Everything that needed to get done got done eventually. The weekend over, I headed back in to work. I walked into my office, plugged in my computer, and turned it on.

It started. It’s been working fine ever since.

Maybe God thinks taking a break on Friday evenings is a good idea too.

1 comment:

Abc12ab said...

I think he does :)