Saturday, February 19, 2011

What I ought to be doing. . .

There are dishes in the sink and a mouse in the cupboard. Our kittens are not yet fulfilling their purpose, but that is not their fault. Our garage door has a gap between it and the floor big enough for a kitten to escape through, so until we get it fixed and while they adjust to their new home, they're locked upstairs. But, that doesn't solve our rodent problem.

I should wash the dishes. And go buy some traps and set them. And figure out what I'm making for dinner tonight and lunch and dinner tomorrow and pick up the ingredients I need while I'm out. We have an 11 and a 14 year old staying with us this weekend, so actually planning and not just opening the cupboards and hoping inspiration strikes is probably a must.

Then I should cook dinner for tonight so I can leave it waiting for everyone when I go out. And start whatever Sunday's lunch is since by the time I get home from church we'll be too hungry to wait for food to cook.
I should probably also reorganize the kitchen for the 3rd time so that the fresh fruits and vegetables aren't out either so the rodents don't get to them. Which means somehow getting them all into our tiny and already full fridge.

I should throw the blankets we were given in the wash and wash all the towels and dust cloths and such, and maybe a load of my clothes too, but with no drier and limited clothes line, that probably won't happen.

I should clean the bathrooms and mop the downstairs.

But, it's Saturday morning. I already made pancakes for breakfast and washed most of the dishes from that, plus all the containers the mice had tried to get into. Then I put them away in a metal mouse proof cupboard.

Now there's a kitten curled up on my lap and I think I'll take a few minutes to enjoy the morning before I start on my list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Annie! Hopefully, you were drinking a cup of coffee while you were relaxing with the kitten on your lap. I was going to ask you if you had a washing machine, what a nice convenience. Your new home sounds really nice. You should put a picture on your blog of the people who live there with you and their names so we know who you're talking about! I hope your kittens start mousing soon. When we had barn cats, they stopped mousing when we started feeding them! They lived for the first many months finding food on their own and were quite healthy. (I think they may have been kittens from your parents, if I remember correctly.) Then, a friend made us feel guilty for not feeding them so we started giving them some of Chelsea's dog food and the rat population in our barn increased. I went to your friend Paola's blog - how sad. I hope she is able to help those women.

Unknown said...

Wow Annie....your day sounds like mine.....including the rodents. LOL! So get started and lets get to work!

Sarah said...

Enjoy the day ... that should be the first to do on all of our lists.

As always a delight to hear from you sweet one.

Hugs from Arizona,
Sarah