Sunday, February 26, 2012

To even things out a bit. . .

Here's another shopping experience to balance my Paloquemao market post. I don't want to give the impression that I live in a village and shop in markets.


Just a few blocks away (and right across the street from Paloquemao) they've been building a mall called La Calima since I moved into Torre Fuerte. It's been fun watching it go up and open section by section. The anchor stores opened first- Home Center (like a home depot) and La Catorce (something along the lines of a super Wal Mart). Then the movie theater and a couple of food shops. Now the 3 story mall is mostly open, with your average collection of clothes, shoes, and electronics stores, at least 5 restaurants and a food court.

The large and mostly empty food court

We headed over on Thursday night since we had a fumigator come in to spray and had to leave the house. The mall still has a lot of empty stores, and not much traffic (at least on a Thursday evening).

The palm trees and ceiling have changing colored lights in the central plaza

The malls here make my local malls back in the States seem tiny by comparison when I go home.

No comments: