Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Progress!


Two weeks ago on Monday, Abi was home and there was a knock on the door. It was the man from ETB, our internet provider. "FINALLY!" he said. Apparently he'd been trying to get into our house and check our internet the last 7 times I called. Which is ironic because each of those 7 times I told the person on the phone, "isn't it time to do an internal revision? They've already done (5, 6, 7) external revisions and nothing changes." And the person on the phone would tell me, "no, it's an external revision. No one needs to be at home". But, finally, after 2 and a half months of having internet an average of once in every 3 days, our internet has worked every single day since the internet guy was here.

When Sara and I bought paint we couldn't decide on a color, so the hall never got painted. We did decide what color we wanted one day while out together, but didn't get around to buying it. The unfinished hall was starting to drive me crazy, so I spent a week after work and 2 weekends painting. It looks so much better now.

Friday, Stephen and I went dryer shopping. Saturday, they delivered the dryer. And yesterday, the gas man came, spent two and a half hours drilling and installing a new gas hookup and hooking up our dryer. And now we have a dryer!

We're getting closer and closer to finishing off our Torre Fuerte to-do list. Though, even as I type that I realize there are still dozens of things we'd like to do. But, it is becoming more home like and comfortable week by week.

No comments: